Lost Car Keys Replacement – All The Information You Need To Know About How To Get Replacement Car Keys, Key Fobs, Remotes, Transponder & Keyless Entry.
Give Us a Call 24/7 For All Lost Car Keys, Fob Keys, Remotes & Ignition Repair Services!
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
Emergency car lockout, ignition repair, replacement car key for high security models, such as Nissan, Honda, Ford, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai, Dodge, Jeep, Kia, Mazda, Subaru, Chrysler, Mitsubishi, Cadillac, Acura, Buick, Infiniti, Lexus, GMC, Suzuki, Pontiac, Lincoln, Oldsmobile, Mercury, Scion, Plymouth, Eagle, VW, Freightliner, some high security models: BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Volvo & Audi, Porsche models and more. We do it all. Call us now!
We offer 24 HR automotive locksmith, lost car keys replacement and lockout services for most makes and models. Several dispatch locations, years of experience, a huge stock of keys and fast mobile service, we can cut a NEW CAR KEY ON SITE WITHIN AN HOUR!
Quick access – Click to get an answer!
Our Automotive Locksmith Services Include:
- Fast mobile replacement car keys on site – Our mobile, independent automotive locksmiths contractors will come to your place to cut and program a new replacement car key right there and there!
- Lost fob, laser cut, remotes, push to start car keys replacement made on site – Including high-security keys.
- 24/7 Fast emergency lockout service – any car, anytime.
- Transponder chip keys programmed on-site – Honda, Ford, GM, Chrysler Toyota, Lexus, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Plymouth and more
- Ignition problems fixed – key will not turn in the ignition? Broken ignition? Need a new ignition installed? We can help.
- Mobile service – no need to tow the car to the dealer to get a replacement key, we will come to you.
Car keys replacement near me – Things to remember before calling a locksmith or dealer
Calling an automotive locksmith or a dealer near your location when you need a key replacement is probably the most common thing to do. Based on your location, an automotive locksmith can come to you, or you may choose to tow the car to the dealer.
We outline a few points to remember, to help you save some time and money regardless of which option you choose:
- First, always ask for a quote. Describe the problem in detail and give the automotive locksmith all the details, even if you think they may not be relevant.
- Moreover, if the locksmith has all the details, it can speed up the process and make it more cost-effective. Remember to give them your exact location to prevent a long waiting period. It may also affect the price.
- In addition, tell the locksmith/dealer if the ignition was changed before, as far as you know. A previous ignition change may result in different keys for the ignition and doors.
- Most models today are equipped with chips or transponders, so make sure you mention the exact year, make and model and ask the locksmith if they have the necessary tools in their truck to code the key. Not all locksmiths have a key coding machine to program those keys.
- In addition, it’s important to have the VIN number available as the locksmith may need it.
- Finally, remember that for most makes & models, there is no need to tow the car to the dealer should you lose your car keys. You can try and call the AAA, or an automotive locksmith who should be able to make you a new car key on site.
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
How to choose the right locksmith for cars when all car keys are lost?
- First, make sure the locksmith is aware of the year, make & models of the car. Some locksmiths can make old car keys, but new ones, including transponder chip keys & remote key fobs, require additional equipment.
- In addition, ask the locksmith if he or she is licensed bonded & insured
- Explain your problem clearly. Lost car keys or lost ignition keys are something different from ignition problems or replacement.
- In case the key doesn’t turn in the ignition, it doesn’t necessarily mean you need a new replacement key. Sometimes its easier to replace the ignition instead.
- In addition, verify the automotive locksmith actually serve your area to prevent a long waiting period.
- If you are locked out of the car and lost your car keys, mention it to the locksmith, so they will know this is an emergency situation.
- Ask if the locksmiths are part of AAA(in case you are). Not all locksmiths work with AAA and even though you can sometimes get your money back if you lost your car keys, it is not certain. However, it is good to try. In addition, try to see maybe your insurance policy cover replacement car keys. Read more here.
- Finally, In case you lost your car keys AND the ignition was changed before, let the automotive locksmith know about that, sometimes it may prevent them from making the key. In addition, it may result in a higher cost.
What to do when you lost your car keys & how to get a new replacement key – Options, tips & more
Many people who lost the only key for their car and have no spare are faced with a few options about how to get a new car key made. The question is relevant for all type of car keys, including chip car keys and remotes.
We will give an explanation about how to replace your lost key or remotes and how to determine which type of key you had so you can let the automotive locksmith know.
First, here is a brief explanation of how to replace your lost car key and the options you have:
1. Call an automotive locksmith who deals with replacement car keys.
An automotive locksmith can make most car keys on site, including chip keys or remotes. Most automotive locksmiths offer a mobile service since most car keys after 2000 needs to be programmed to the car. That means that the car has to be present. In addition, please make sure that the locksmith carries the necessary equipment to make a replacement key and the blank.
- Very convenient – mobile automotive locksmith is usually near you and will come to your location.
- Fast – a locksmith is usually available 24 hrs. a day
- Price – most often the cheapest way to go as car key replacement cost is a huge factor.
- Availability of keys – Not all automotive locksmiths carry all the key blanks for all makes and models.
- Coding machines – Most chances that coding is needed for a replacement key. There are many different transponder keys and key fobs, some of them need a specific programming machine that not all locksmiths have. Moreover, to be able to program most transponder and key fobs for most makes and models, sometimes a locksmith needs to carry about 5 different coding machines.
Our locksmith tip:
To prevent a situation where the locksmith cant program your car key, make sure to provide the VIN number so they can check the information before they arrive at your location.
What to ask when calling an automotive locksmith:
A. How much does it cost for a new car key – specify the exact year make and model of the car.
B. How long will it take to make a replacement key and how far the locksmith is.
C. Don’t forget to ask which form of payment they accept and ask for an invoice after you pay. You may be able to get some money back from your insurance. Click here to learn more
2. Order the key online – You can do it right here:
Today you can get most car keys online, and relatively fast within 24 Hr. Getting a replacement key online has its pros and cons. Let’s go over them.
- Price – Most chances that this is the cheapest way to get the actual key. There are many sellers online, most chances are that if you do your research, you will end up getting a good price. In addition, most often dealers and locksmiths would charge about 50% more than you can get it online.
- Coding & Programming – Getting the right key, is only the first step. This key, which is uncut and without any chip value, will have to be cut(to fit into your specific ignition) and programmed(to your car’s computer). Therefore, you will have to have a locksmith or dealer do it for you, which will result in a higher cost.
- Time – It takes some time to get the key in the mail, plus the time to schedule an appointment with a locksmith or tow the car to the dealer. Therefore, if you need a replacement key asap, it may not be the best option.
- Availability of new keys – New car keys, including remotes, may not be available for a while until sellers get them. In this case, you may need to go to the dealer or locksmith to get a replacement key.
3. Replace your car key at the dealer –
A dealer is a good option if you are having the time and in no rush. Most chances it would be a bit more expensive than the locksmith, but you can be sure that you get a new key once you tow the car there.
- Availability of car keys & programming machines – The dealer will definitely have the key you need.. In addition, you can be sure they will have the necessary equipment to program and cut the key for you.
- Time – Once you have your car at the dealership it shouldn’t be long until you get a replacement key cut and programmed.
- Price – The dealer usually charges more than a locksmith to cut and program the key. In addition, you will have to tow your car there, which means an additional cost.
- Availability – Unlike most locksmiths, the dealers only works at certain hours. Therefore, if you need a replacement key ASAP, this may be a problem.
Whether you need a car key replacement, bought a new car and need to make a new key without the original or just want to make a spare key, here you will find all the information about what to do and how to replace your lost or stolen car and ignition keys.
In addition, you will find here useful information about common ignition problems such as key won’t turn in the ignition, stuck keys in the ignition or even what to do if accidentally you broke your car key in the ignition or door cylinder. Click here to see FAQ
There are many different car keys today from different makes and models and some of them are regular metal keys, some car keys are called transponder or chip keys which need to be programmed to the car’s computer in order to be replaced and there are high-security car keys such as Mercedes or BMW keys. Therefore, the method of making a new key is different for each car.
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
How can you know what type of car key you had? a regular key, chip – transponder or remote key fob?
A: A good rule of thumb is that a key that had a plastic cover at the top and/or the was made after the year 2000, most chances had a chip in it.
Furthermore, some car manufacturers, such as Ford, Chevy, Toyota and more introduced this technology even before 2000.
Therefore, in case you lost your car key and the key had a chip in it, it will have to be programmed on site in order to start the car.
An automotive locksmith can do that on site. Alternatively, you can contact the dealer, but the car will have to be towed there.
Below, an example of the different type of car keys:
Fob car key – Fob remote “push to start” car key: Usually looks like some sort of remote. This fob car key has a chip and therefore will need to be programmed. Here are some examples of different car manufacturers:
Chip smart car key – Transponder chip car key: Usually has a black cover on the top of the key. This is where the chip is located and therefore this key will have to be programmed. Here are a few examples:
Regular car key – non-chip: Usually a simple blank metal key and hence will not have to be programmed. Here are a few examples:
Please note, Some keys, even though have a black cover at the top, are non-transponder keys. The final determination of the type of key should be done by the VIN of the car.
Here at 24/7 lost car keys replacement, we deal with replacement car keys for metal, transponder chip keys, and even high-security keys. See also: Type car keys & remotes
Can I get a car key made without the original?
Absolutely. replacing car keys without the original is possible and, depends on the type of key you had, the year, make and model of your car, there are a few ways to do it.
Let’s start from the beginning. All car keys, except high-end cars, such as BMW, Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, etc can be replaced by an automotive locksmith or the dealer (Some of the high-end car keys can also be replaced but only for models older than 2014). In addition, you have the option to order your key online and have a locksmith or dealer code it for you.
However, if you don’t want to deal with ordering the key, you can simply call a locksmith or tow your car to the dealer.
For more information about the options you have to replace your key without the original, click here.
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
Have questions? Not sure if we can help? email us at [email protected]
FAQ Lost Car Keys Replacement:
Q: How to get a key made for a car when the key is lost and I don’t have a spare?
A: There are a few options to get a new car key.
The first one is to call an automotive locksmith.
Second, is to get a key from the dealer.
The dealer should have a code for the car key and he can and should be able to cut it when all other keys are lost. However, for most makes and models after the year of 1998 and forward, the keys need to be programmed as a security measure.
Most Chrysler, Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota, and more car models are equipped with this system getting a new car key the car either has to be towed to the dealer or a locksmith can come and cut and program the new car key on site.
Therefore, please make sure that the locksmith or dealer has the necessary tools to program the key.
Third, you can order the key online. You can do it right here
In conclusion, make sure that the option you choose is relevant to you. Here, at lost car keys replacement, this is our specialty and we can cut and program most car keys for most makes and models and therefore can help you with all your car key and ignition problem needs.
Q: I lost my 2011 Ford Expedition fob car key and don’t have a spare, Is it possible to make a new replacement car key without having the original?
A: Yes. An automotive locksmith, with the right equipment and tools, should be able to make you a new car key on site.
Depends on the make and model, it shouldn’t take long. Due to the fact that some models have codes and some don’t, it may take between one hour to two. See also: Locksmith for Lost Ford Keys Replacement
Q: Car key replacement cost – How much does it cost to replace a car key without the original? What is the average price?
Below you will find the short answer. However, if you would like to get GREAT tips on how to save money and a more detailed explanation please see our blog post about car keys replacement cost here.
A: In short, to replace a car key usually cost between $60-$500. It depends on a few factors:
- Type of key, make and model of the car
- The year manufactured
- Time of day & your location
- Where you get a key replacement(Dealer, automotive locksmith, online, etc)
- Availability of code to cut a new key
- Original ignition or not
The type of key you had, make and model of the car, are maybe the most important factors.(chip, intelligent fob, “push to start”, remote, regular “non-transponder” key). The newer the car is, the better security features the key had and therefore you can expect to pay more than $250 for a replacement key.
In addition, it depends where you get a key replacement. The dealer, automotive locksmith or get it online. Click here to get a more detailed explanation.
The dealer usually charges about 10%-15% less than a locksmith would for the key. However, most chances you will have to tow the car there to program the new key or remote and therefore the total price is usually higher.
Furthermore, consider that if you are looking to have a locksmith to come out and make you a new key outside regular business hours, the price may go up.
Finally, in case your ignition cylinder was changed before(usually with older cars), that probably means that the code for the key may not be useful and the key will have to be either cut manually by a locksmith or to change the ignition again which in this case the dealer can’t be of help.
Q: I lost my car keys and don’t have a spare, Is it possible to make a new replacement car key without having the original?
A: Yes. An automotive locksmith for cars, with the right equipment and tools, should be able to make you a new car key on site. Depends on the make and model, it shouldn’t take long, usually between an hour to two. While most car keys have codes available, models older than 2001 do not. Hence, it may take closer to two hours to make the key.
Q: I have Dodge Neon 2003 and my laser cut smart key will not turn in the ignition, what can I do?
A: There may be a couple of reasons why the key will not turn. The most common one is that one or more of the wafers inside the ignition cylinder is stuck.
In addition, sometimes they can be released and sometimes it is necessary to replace the ignition.
Another reason may be because the key is worn out and a new key must be cut. Either way, once the technician is on site, it is easy to determine what is the cause and fix it. See also: Locksmith for Lost Dodge Keys Replacement No Spare
See also: Ignition Won’t Turn
Q: I lost my Honda Accord 2012 smart fob “push to start” car keys and don’t have a spare, Do you deal with Honda Replacement keys?
A: Yes. Like any other automotive locksmith specialists, we can make a replacement Honda keys. All we need is the year and models and the key can be made on site. Since this key has a chip in it, we will have to program it as well. See also: Lost Honda Keys Replacement No Spare
Q: My car key will not start the car. The battery is good and the lights are on. What may be the reason?
A: There may be a few reasons why the car won’t start. A mechanical problem or key related problem. Please visit: My ignition key won’t start the car for more information.
Q: What is the process to get a new replacement laser cut key if I lost my 2001 Nissan Altima smart key fob? I know it has a chip in it. How do you make a replacement key?
A: That is correct. Most Nissan car keys have a transponder chip key inside for additional security. We can come and program the key for you so it shouldn’t be a problem. The process usually takes about an hour. alternatively, you can tow the car to the dealer. See also: Lost Nissan Key Replacement No Spare
Q: I lost my Toyota Corolla 2015 laser cut smart fob car key. How can I get a new one? Do you do foreign car keys?
A: Yes we do. We deal with all makes and models. This type of car key will need to be programmed but we can do it on site for you. In addition, we deal with all Toyota models, including Toyota Corolla, Camry, Yaris, Land Cruiser, RAV4, Prius, Tundra, Tacoma, Highlander, 4 Runner, Sienna, Sequoia, Avalon and moreSee also: Lost Toyota Keys Replacement
Q: I lost my Jeep Cherokee 2014 car key. How can I get a new one? Do you make replacement keys for Jeep?.
A: Yes we do. We deal with all makes and models, including all Jeep car keys. This type of car key will need to be programmed but we can do it on site for you. See also: Lost Jeep Keys Replacement No Spare
Q: I lost my Pontiac G6 2009 car key? How can I get a new one? I have no spare.
A: Yes we do. We deal with all makes and models, including Pontiac car keys. In addition, this type of car key will need to be programmed but we can do it on site for you. See also: Lost Pontiac Keys Replacement
Q: We have a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer and lost our only set of keys. Do you make replacement transponder chip fobs car keys for Mitsubishi as well? How long does it take to make a replacement key?
A: Yes, We can make a replacement fob, chip or transponder car keys for most makes and models including Mitsubishi. The process usually takes about one to two hours. For more info please visit: Lost Mitsubishi Keys Replacement
Q: I own a 2013 Kia Sorento and lost my ignition key, can you make replacement keys for Kia cars?
A: Yes, We can make a replacement fob, chip or transponder car keys for most makes and models including Kia. In addition, we deal with all Kia replacement car keys including, Kia Sportage, Sorento, Sedona, Optima, Rio, Cadenza, Soul, K900, Forte and more. we can make you a spare as well. The process usually takes about one to two. For more info please visit: Lost Kia Car Keys Replacement
Q: I own a 2016 Lexus ES and lost my ignition key, can you make replacement fob keys for Lexus cars when all keys are lost and there is no spare?
A: Yes, We can help you with that. Our Lexus mobile locksmiths can cut and program a new Lexus key fob for you on-site, usually within an hour. Moreover, we deal with all Lexus models, including Lexus RX, IS, GS, LS, ES, LX, NX, CT, GX, RC, and more. For more info please visit: Lost Lexus Car Keys Replacement
Q: I lost my Acura MDX 2015 car key, How can I get a new one? Can you make a replacement key for me?
A: Yes we do. We deal with all makes and models, including Acura MDX. This type of car key will need to be programmed and we can do it on site for you. In addition, we deal with all Acura models, including Acura NSX, MDX, TLX, RDX, ILX, RLX, TL, RL, TSX, ZDX and more. See also: Lost Acura Keys Replacement
Q: I lost my Buick Regal 2016 car key and I do not have a spare key. Can you make a replacement smart key fob for me when all keys are lost?
A: Yes we do. We deal with all Buick models, including Buick Regal. In addition, we deal with all Buick models, including Buick Regal, LaCrosse, Enclave, Encore, Verano, Envision, Cascada, Century, LeSabre, Lucerne, Rainand, Rendezvous, Riviera, Skylark, Terraza and more. See also: Lost Buick Keys Replacement
Q: Do you make replacement fob car keys with a chip for Hyundai Accent 2016? I need a new key made asap as I have no spare. Can you make fob keys?
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Hyundai models, including Hyundai Accent smart keys and fobs. Furthermore, we replace all Lost Hyundai key models, including Hyundai Tucson, Santa Fe. Elantra, Accent, Veloster, Sonata, Azera, Genesis, Equus and more.. See also: Lost Hyundai Keys Replacement No Spare
Q: Do you make replacement smart fob car keys with a chip for Subaru Legacy 2016? I need a new key made asap and I locked out of the car as well. Can you make fob keys?
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Subaru models, including Subaru Legacy, Impreza, Outback, Forester, BRZ, WRX, Crosstrek, Tribeca, Baja and more. In addition, we can program it on site. Please call us for immediate assistance. See also: Lost Subaru Keys Replacement No Spare
Q: How much does it cost if I lost my 2015 GMC Yukon smart key? I have no spare and need a replacement ASAP?
A: That depends on the years make and models. Generally speaking, to replace a GMC key ranges between $90-$400. However, that price may change if there is a code available on file, if your GMC key had a chip in it and time of day. In addition, we make replacement car keys for all GMC models, including GMC Terrain, Yukon, Acadia, Canyon, Savana, Sierra and more. Please visit: Lost GMC Keys Replacement
Q: I lost my smart fob car keys with a chip for Cadillac ATS 2015? I need a new key made asap as I have no spare. Can you make Cadillac replacement fob keys?
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs for all Cadillac models, including Cadillac Escalade, ATS, CTS, SRX, XTS, ELR, CT6, Deville and more. Please call us for immediate assistance. See also: Lost Cadillac Keys Replacement
Q: My Suzuki Grand Vitara 2011 ignition key fob is lost. Can you make a replacement key for me?
A: Sure, we can make all Suzuki car keys on site. Please give us a call so we can set up an appointment. Moreover, we make replacement car keys for all Suzuki models, including Suzuki Swift, Vitara, Baleno, SX4, Sidekick, Samurai, Kizashi, Aerio, Forenza, Reno, Esteem, Equator, XL7 and more. See also: Lost Suzuki Keys Replacement
Q: I Lost my 2015 Mercury Mountaineer car key fob. Can you make a replacement key for me?
A: Sure, we can make all Mercury car keys on site, including Mercury Milan, Mariner, Mountaineer, Grand Marquis, Sable, Montego, Monterey, Marauder and more. Please give us a call so we can set up an appointment. See also: Lost Mercury Keys Replacement
Q: I need a locksmith for cars. Do you make replacement fob smart car keys with a chip for Lincoln Navigator 2015? I lost my only set of keys and have no spare.
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Lincoln models, including Lincoln Continental, MKC, MKS, MKT, MKX, MKZ, Navigator and more. Please call us for immediate assistance. See also: Lost Lincoln Fob Car Keys Replacement
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
Q: Do you make replacement fob smart car keys with a chip for Scion iQ 2015? I lost my only set of keys and have no spare. In addition, I am locked out of my car as well.
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Scion models, including Scion FR-S, tC, xB, iM, iA, iQ and more. Moreover, we can program those keys as well. Please call us for immediate assistance. See also: Lost Scion Fob Car Keys Replacement
Q: Do you make replacement fob smart car keys with a chip for Oldsmobile Alero 2004 & Oldsmobile Bravada 2002? I lost my only set of keys and have no spare.
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys for all Oldsmobile models, including Oldsmobile Bravada or Oldsmobile Alero. In addition, we can program those as well. See also: Lost Oldsmobile Keys
Q: Do you make replacement fob smart car keys with a chip for Plymouth Neon 2000 & Plymouth Grand Voyager 2001? I lost my only set of keys and have no spare.
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Plymouth models, including Plymouth Grand Voyager or Oldsmobile Neon. Please call us for immediate assistance. See also: Lost Plymouth Keys
Q: Do your automotive locksmiths make replacement fob smart car keys with a chip for Volkswagen Jetta 2015 & Volkswagen Golf 2016? I lost my only set of keys and have no spare.
A: Yes. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Volkswagen models, including Volkswagen Jetta, VW Golf, Golf R, E-Golf, Golf GTI, Beetle, Passat, Tiguan, CC, Touareg, and more. Please call us for immediate assistance. See also: Lost Volkswagen Key Fob Replacement
Q: My Infiniti QX80 2016 laser cut key fob is lost and therefore I need a locksmith for cars who can you make Infiniti replacement fob car keys. Can you help? In addition, I am locked out as well.
A: We can help you with that. We make all Infiniti car keys and fobs on-site so you do not have to tow your car. In addition, we deal with all Infiniti models, including Infinity QX70, QX80, Q50, Q70, Q60, QX60, QX50, Q40, G35, G37 and more. Please visit: Lost Infiniti Keys Replacement
Q: I lost my 2008 Saturn Ion car keys. Currently, I have no spare. Can you make a duplicate key without the original?
A: We can help you with that. We make all Saturn car keys including transponder keys and programming if needed. For more information please visit: Lost Saturn Keys Replacement
Q: I lost my 2015 Land Rover Discovery keys. Can you make a duplicate key without the original?
A: We can help you with that. We make all Land Rover car keys including transponder keys and programming if needed. For more information please visit: Lost Land Rover Keys Replacement
Where do you get the information provided here? How do you use my information in case I call for a service or order a product online?
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
Lost Car Keys Replacement – All Car Keys & Ignition Problems Solved Fast!