Lexus GS Turbo Lost Car Key Replacement – All the Information You Need to Get a New Lexus GS Turbo Key. Tips, Cost, Your Options and More.
Call Us 24/7: 800-223-1453
In this article:
The Lexus GS Turbo was introduced in 2017. This model has one type of key.
Dealer fob: 2017 (We will update the right type of key once it is released. For now, you should contact the dealer for more information).
- Please keep in mind that while some keys/key fobs may look the same they have different capabilities/frequencies/keyways and therefore it is important to have the right key/fob.
- Already have your key? Need programming information on how to program a Lexus GS Turbo key fob? Click here for more information.
Quick access or go to FAQ
Click on the type of key you had/ year below to get the most accurate information:
2017: (Dealer fob – contact the dealer for more information)
Already have a remote? Click HERE for programming information.
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
Q: I lost my Lexus GS Turbo keys, have no spare, and need a replacement. How and where can I get a replacement key?
A: For a more detailed explanation including tips on how to SAVE TIME AND MONEY please visit our blog post: How to get a replacement key.
Generally speaking, you have three options:
- First, call an automotive locksmith that offers a mobile service for Lexus GS Turbo cars. We can help you with that.
- Second, tow the car to the dealer.
- Third, order a key online and have the dealer or locksmith cut and program (if necessary) it for you.
A word of caution: The type of key you need will depend on the year and model of your Lexus GS Turbo. Therefore, the options on how to get a new key made and programmed depending on whether you need a remote, an intelligent fob, push to start button, a transponder or a regular key.
Not ready to call for service just yet? Click here for some GREAT ideas on how to find lost car keys.
Q: What should I tell the locksmith or dealer when I call for the service?
A: First, make sure you have the exact year, make and model, e.g. 2017 Lexus GS Turbo.
In addition, write down the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of the car, which you will find on the left side of the dashboard near the mirror (Click here for more information). This will help the locksmith or dealer verify the year, make and model of the car and the type of key you had and need to replace.
Finally, make sure you can show ownership of the car by having the necessary documents. Its title certificate, your ID, and proof of insurance etc.
Q: Lexus GS Turbo key replacement cost – How much does it cost to replace a Lexus GS Turbo key if I don’t have the original? What is the average price?
A: The answer below is a short explanation. For a more detailed explanation and GREAT TIPS on how to save money, please visit our blog post: Car keys replacement cost
In short, to replace a Lexus GS Turbo key can cost between $200-$300. It depends on a few factors:
- Type of key
- The year manufactured
- Time of day & your location
- Where you get a key replacement (dealer, automotive locksmith, online, etc.)
- Availability of code to cut a new key
- Original ignition or not
The type of key you had and the year the car was manufactured are maybe the most important factors (chip, intelligent fob, “push to start”, remote, regular “non-transponder” key). The newer the car is, the better security features the key had and therefore you can expect to pay more than $250 for a replacement key. Click here to see this model type of key you had for a more accurate price and information.
In addition, it depends on where you get a key replacement. The dealer, automotive locksmith or get it online. Click here to get a more detailed explanation of how to get a replacement key.
The dealer usually charges about 10%-15% less than a locksmith would for the key. However, most chances you will have to tow the car there to program the new key or remote and therefore the total price is usually higher.
Furthermore, consider that if you are looking to have a locksmith to come out and make you a new key outside regular business hours, the price may go up.
Finally, in case your ignition cylinder was changed before (usually with older cars), that probably means that the code for the key may not be useful and the key will have to be either cut manually by a locksmith or to change the ignition again which in this case the dealer can’t be of help.
Q: Can I get a Lexus GS Turbo key replacement by VIN?
A: That depends on the year of your model and the type of key you had.
The VIN allows the dealer or automotive locksmith access to the key code on file, i.e. they can cut you a replacement key by code which makes the process very fast and easy. You must, however, consider two things:
- For Lexus models that are older than 10 years: There are no codes available. Therefore, an automotive locksmith is your only option to get a replacement key.
- For Lexus GS Turbo vehicles that are equipped with a transponder system and/or remote/ intelligent key/ fob key: Codes are available. However, programming is necessary and therefore you will have to either tow the car to the dealer or have an automotive locksmith come and program the key on site.
Q: Lexus GS Turbo key programming – which keys you can program yourself, which keys require programming tools & more
A: The Lexus has different types of keys. Some require programming and some do not. All transponder chip keys and/or smart key fobs need to be programmed with a special programming machine that only an automotive locksmith or the dealer has. There is no need to program non-transponder metal keys.
To keep things simple, we divide all Lexus keys into two categories:
- No programming needed (Non-transponder keys)
- Keys that need to be programmed, which means you will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer (transponder or remote keys)
No Programming needed:
Lexus GS Turbo non-transponder keys are metal keys that have no chip in them and therefore no programming is needed:
None – Lexus GS Turbo key has chip and needs to be programmed.
Lexus GS Turbo keys that need to be programmed and you will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer:
Keys in this category, such as remote smart keys, intelligent keys or key fobs, as well as transponder keys, have a security chip in them, which requires programming. A special machine is needed to program them and so you will need an automotive locksmith or dealer to do it for you (Usually for models manufactured after 1998).
Keyless entry information for the Lexus GS Turbo:
2017: There is a built-in keyless entry in the remote key.
Call Us 24/7: 800-223-1453