Jeep Gladiator Lost Car Keys Replacement Made Easy! All The Information You Need To Get a New Car Key. Cost, Type Of Keys, Where To Make a Duplicate and More.
Give Us a Call 24/7 and Get 10% Off All Jeep Gladiator Car Keys Replacement!
Call Now & Get 10% Off: 800-223-1453
In this article:
Jeep Gladiator was introduced in 2020. This model has one type of key.
Transponder Chip Key: 2020 – One type of key.
- Please keep in mind that some keys/remotes may look the same but they have different capabilities/frequencies/keyways and therefore it is important to have the right key/remote.
- Already have your key? Need programming instructions on how to program Jeep Gladiator key? Click here for a step by step instructions!
Quick access: or go to FAQ:
Click on the type of key you had/ year below to get the most accurate information:
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
I Lost my Jeep Gladiator car keys, have no spare and need a replacement. How and where can I get a replacement key?
Generally speaking, you have three options:
- First, call an automotive locksmith that offers a mobile service for Jeep Gladiator cars. We can help you with that.
- Second, tow the car to the dealer.
- Third, order a key online and have the dealer or locksmith cut and program (if necessary) it for you.
Furthermore, depends on the type of key you had and year, e.g. remote, intelligent fob, push to start, transponder or regular key you may have different options about how to get a new key made.
Click here to see this model type of keys or choose by year to get more accurate information and options.
What should I tell the locksmith or dealer when I call for service?
First, make sure you have the exact year, make and model, e.g. 2020 Jeep Gladiator.
In addition, write down the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of the car located on the left side of the dashboard near the mirror. (Click here for more information). That would help the locksmith or dealer verifying the year, make and model of the car and the type of key you had.
Moreover, ask if you can come and pick up the key or the car has to be present. With older models, codes may not be available and therefore on-site service will be required to make a new key.
Alternatively, you can tow the car to the locksmith shop but that would be more expensive.
Finally, make sure you can show ownership of the car by having the necessary documents. The title, ID, insurance card etc.
Q: Jeep Gladiator key replacement cost – How much does it cost to replace Jeep Gladiator key without the original? What is the average price?
A: In short, to replace a Jeep Gladiator key usually cost between $90-$400. It depends on a few factors:
- Type of key
- The year manufactured
- Time of day & your location
- Where you get a key replacement (Dealer, automotive locksmith, online etc.)
- Availability of code to cut a new key
- Original ignition or not
The type of key you had and the year the car was manufactured are maybe the most important factors (chip, intelligent fob, “push to start”, remote, regular “non-transponder” key). The newer the car is, the better security features the key had and therefore you can expect to pay more than $250 for a replacement key. Click here to see this model type of key you had for a more accurate price and information.
In addition, it depends where you get a key replacement. The dealer, automotive locksmith or get it online. Click here to get a more detailed explanation.
The dealer usually charges about 10%-15% less than a locksmith would for the key. However, most chances you will have to tow the car there to program the new key or remote and therefore the total price is usually higher.
Furthermore, consider that if you are looking to have a locksmith to come out and make you a new key outside regular business hours, the price may go up.
Finally, in case your ignition cylinder was changed before (usually with older cars), that probably means that the code for the key may not be useful and the key will have to be either cut manually by a locksmith or to change the ignition again which in this case the dealer can’t be of help.
Q: Can I get Jeep Gladiator key replacement by VIN?
A: That depends on the year of your car and type of key you had.
The VIN allows the dealer or an automotive locksmith the option to access the key code on file, i.e. to cut you a replacement key by code which makes the process very fast and easy. There are however two things to consider:
- For Jeep models that are older than 10 years: There are no codes available. Therefore, an automotive locksmith is your only option to get a replacement key.
- For Jeep Gladiator models that are equipped with a transponder system and/or remote/ intelligent key/ fob key: Codes are available. However, programming is necessary and therefore you will have to either tow the car to the dealer or have an automotive locksmith come and program the key on site.
Jeep Gladiator key programming – Which keys you can program yourself, which keys require programming tool & More
Jeep has different types of keys. Some require programming and some don’t. All transponder chip keys and/or smart key fobs need to be programmed with a special programming machine that only an automotive locksmith or the dealer has. There is no need to program non-transponder metal keys.
To make things simple we divided all Jeep keys into 2 categories:
- No programming needed (Non transponder keys)
- Keys that needs to be programmed and you will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer (Transponder or remote keys)
No Programming needed
Jeep Gladiator Non-transponder keys are metal keys that have no chip in them and therefore no programming is needed:
None – All Jeep Gladiator keys have a chip and need to be programmed.
Jeep Gladiator Keys that needs to be programmed and you will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer
These keys, also known as remote smart keys, intelligent keys or key fobs, as well as transponder keys, have a security chip in them and programming is needed. In addition, a special machine is needed to program them and therefore an automotive locksmith or dealer should do it for you (Usually for models made after 2008).
Keyless entry information for the Jeep Gladiator:
There is a built in keyless entry in the key.
Give Us a Call 24/7 and Get 10% Off All Jeep Gladiator Lost Car Keys Replacement!
Call Now: 800-223-1453
Or Get a key online: