Lexus LX460 Lost Car Key Replacement – All the Information You Need to Get a New Lexus LX460 Key. Tips, Costs, Your Options, and More.
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453
In this article:
The Lexus LX460 was introduced in 2007. This model has one type of key.
2007 to 2008: Contact us for more information about this key.
- Please keep in mind that while some keys or key fobs may look the same, they have different capabilities/frequencies/keyways. Therefore, having the right key or key fob is essential.
- Already have your key? Need information to guide you through programming your Lexus LX460 key? Click here for more information.
Quick access or go to FAQ
Click on the type of key you had or your year model below to get the most accurate information:
2007, 2008: (Contact us for more information about this key)
Already have a key? Click HERE for programming information.
Call Us 24/7: 800-223-1453
Q: I lost my Lexus LX460 car keys. I don’t have a spare, so need a replacement. How and where can I get a replacement key?
Generally speaking, you have three options:
- Call an automotive locksmith that offers a mobile service for Lexus LX460 cars. We can help you with that.
- Tow the car to the dealer.
- Order a key online and have the dealer or locksmith cut and program it for you (if necessary).
A word of caution: The type of key you need depends on the year and model of your Lexus LX460. Therefore, the options for getting a new key made and programmed depend on whether you need a remote, an intelligent fob, push to start button, a transponder, or a regular key.
A: For a more detailed explanation, including tips on SAVING TIME AND MONEY, please visit our blog post: How to get a replacement key.
Not ready to call for service just yet? Click here for some GREAT ideas on how to find lost car keys.
Q: What should I tell the locksmith or dealer when I call for service?
A: First, make sure you have the exact year, make, and model, e.g., 2008 Lexus LX460.
Also, write down the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of the car located on the left side of the dashboard near the mirror (Click here for more information). The VIN helps the locksmith or dealer verify the year, make, and model of the car and determine which key you had.
Finally, make sure you can show ownership of the car by having the necessary documents – title, ID, insurance card, etc.
Q: Lexus LX460 key replacement cost – How much does it cost to replace a Lexus LX460 key without the original? What is the average price?
In short, replacing a Lexus LX460 key can cost between $190 to $250. The cost depends on a number of factors:
- The type of key you need
- The car’s year of manufacture
- Time of day & your location
- Where you get a key replacement (dealer, automotive locksmith, online, etc.)
- Availability of code to cut a new key
- Original ignition or not
The type of key you had and the year the car was manufactured are the most important factors for identifying if you need a chip, intelligent fob, “push to start”, remote, regular “non-transponder” key. The newer the car is, the better the security features the key has. On later models, you can therefore expect to pay more than $250 for a replacement key. Click here to see the model and type of key you had for a more accurate price and additional information.
the price depends on where you get a key replacement. Did your replacement key come from the dealer, or an automotive locksmith? Or did you get it online? Click here to get a more detailed explanation of how to get a replacement key.
The dealer usually charges about 10% to 15% less for the replacement key than a locksmith would charge. However, you will likely have to tow the car there to program the new key or remote. Therefore, the total price is usually higher.
consider that if you have a locksmith come out and make you a new key outside regular business hours, the price may increase.
If you have previously had your ignition cylinder replaced, which is quite common in older cars, this probably means that the code for the key may not be useful. In such cases, the key will have to be cut manually by a locksmith, or you will have to change the ignition again, and here the dealer can’t help.
For a more detailed explanation and GREAT TIPS on how to save money, please visit our blog post: Car keys replacement costs
Q: Can I get a Lexus LX460 key replacement by its VIN?
A: That depends on the year of manufacture of your car and the type of key you had.
The VIN gives dealers or automotive locksmiths the option of accessing the key code on file – i.e., to cut you a replacement key by code which makes the process fast and easy. There are however two things to consider:
- If your vehicle is older than 10 years, Lexus dealers will no longer have its key code record, so an automotive locksmith will be your only option to get a replacement key.
- For vehicles equipped with a transponder system and/or a remote/intelligent key/fob key, the codes should be available. However, as coding is required, you will have to either tow the car to the dealer, or have an automotive locksmith come and code the key on site.
For more information, click here
Q: Lexus LX460 key programming – which keys can you program yourself? Which keys require a programming tool? & more
A: Lexus has different types of keys. Some require programming, and some don’t. All transponder chip keys and/or smart key fobs need to be programmed. This process requires a special programming machine that only an automotive locksmith or the dealer has. There is no need to program non-transponder metal keys.
To make things simple, we divided all Lexus keys into two categories:
- No programming needed (Non-transponder keys).
- Keys that need to be programmed (Transponder or remote keys). These keys required the expertise of an automotive locksmith or the dealer.
No programming needed:
Lexus non-transponder keys are metal keys that have no chip in them, so no programming is needed.
Lexus LX460 has none of this key type – the only Lexus LX460 key has a chip and needs to be programmed.
For Lexus LX460 keys that need to be programmed, you will need an automotive locksmith or the dealer:
These keys, also known as remote smart keys, intelligent keys or key fobs, and transponder keys, have a security chip. Programming is needed. Also, a special machine is needed to program them. An automotive locksmith or dealer should do it for you. This process must be followed for most models made after 1998.
Keyless entry information for the Lexus LX460:
There is no available keyless entry for this model.
Call Us Now: 800-223-1453