Thank You For Choosing Lost Acura Key Replacement For All Your Acura Car Keys Replacement & Ignition Problems Needs.
Give Us a Call 24/7 and Get 10% Off All Lost Acura Car Keys Replacement & Ignition Problems!
Call Now: 800-223-1453 or Click to Get a New Key from Amazon.
Or check our valuable coupons here:
We specialize in making replacement car keys for Acura when you don’t have a spare or need a remote key, Ignition repair, replaced and more.
Quick access: click to get an answer!
What to do when your Acura car key is lost:
- First, Make sure you don’t have a spare key. Many times we put a key somewhere just for this day when we will lose our key and forget about it.
- In addition, if you decided to call an automotive locksmith, remember to provide the exact year, make and model, e.g. “I lost my keys to my 2015 Acura MDX, 2010 Acura RDX, 2009 Acura RL ” etc. This is important so the locksmith will know he or she has the right key blank.
- Furthermore, always ask if the key needs to be programmed, i.e Lost Acura key fob or Acura TL 2014 needs to be programmed, whereas 1998 Acura TL doesn’t.
- In case you need a new ignition, make sure you tried getting a new key first. Changing the ignition for Acura cars is more expensive and it will result in a different key for the doors and ignition.
- Before calling the dealer to get a replacement Acura key, ask if you can pick up the new key, or have to tow the car there.
- In addition, when the key won’t turn in the ignition, mention if this is something that just happened for the first time or is it an ongoing problem.
- Moreover, mention if the ignition was changed before. It may prevent from a locksmith or the dealer cut you a new key by code.
- Finally, make sure you have the VIN of the car and relevant documents to show ownership of the car. The title, registration, ID etc.
Acura keys replacement near me – Things to remember before calling a locksmith or dealer
Calling an automotive locksmith or the dealer near your location when you need a key replacement is probably the most common thing to do. Based on your location, an automotive locksmith can come to you, or you may choose to tow the car to the dealer.
We outlined a few points to remember, to help you save some time and money regardless of which option you choose.
- First, always ask for a quote. Describe your problem in details and mention everything you can tell the automotive locksmith, even if you don’t consider those details relevant. Moreover, it can make the process faster and more cost-effective if the locksmith will know all the details. Remember to give them your exact location to prevent long waiting period. It may also affect the price.
- In addition, when you lost your Acura keys, mention if the ignition was changed before, as far as you know. In case the ignition changed before it may result in different keys for the ignition and doors.
- Most Acura models today are equipped with chips or transponder, so make sure you mention the exact year, make and model and ask if the locksmiths have the necessary tools to program the key in their truck. Not all locksmiths have a programming machine.
- In addition, it would be a good idea to have the VIN number available since the locksmith may need it.
- Finally, remember that for most Acura models, there is no need to tow the car to the dealer if you lost your car keys. You can try and call AAA, or automotive locksmith so a new car key will be made on site
Call Now: 800-223-1453 & Get 10% Off!
FAQ Lost Acura Key Replacement:
Q: Acura key replacement cost – How much does it cost to replace Acura key without the original? What is the average price?
A: In short, to replace an Acura key usually cost between $90-$400. It depends on a few factors:
- Type of key
- The year manufactured
- Time of day & your location
- Where you get a key replacement (Dealer, automotive locksmith, online etc)
- Availability of code to cut a new key
- Original ignition or not
The type of key you had and the year the car was manufactured are maybe the most important factors.(chip, intelligent fob, “push to start”, remote, regular “non-transponder” key). The newer the car is, the better security features the key had and therefore you can expect to pay more than $250 for a replacement key. Choose your Acura model(from the drop-down menu) and type of key you had for a more accurate price and information.
In addition, it depends where you get a key replacement. The dealer, automotive locksmith or get it online. Click here to get a more detailed explanation.
The dealer usually charges about 10%-15% less than a locksmith would for the key. However, most chances you will have to tow the car there to program the new key or remote and therefore the total price is usually higher.
Furthermore, consider that if you are looking to have a locksmith to come out and make you a new key outside regular business hours, the price may go up.
Finally, in case your Acura ignition cylinder was changed before (usually with older cars), that probably means that the code for the key may not be useful and the key will have to be either cut manually by a locksmith or to change the ignition again which in this case the dealer can’t be of help.
Q: How can I know if my 2014 Acura RDX key had a chip in it? I understand that some keys need to be programmed in order to start the car?
A: A good rule of thumb is that a key that had a plastic cover at the top and/or the was made after the year of 2000, most chances had a chip in it.
Hence, in case you lost your Acura key and the key had a chip in it, it will have to be programmed on site in order to start the car.
An automotive locksmith for Acura keys replacement can do that on site. Alternatively, you can contact the dealer, but the car will have to be towed there.
Here is an example:
Fob car key – Fob chip car key: Usually looks like some sort of remote. This fob car key has a chip and therefore will need to be programmed.
Acura car key that has a transponder chip in it and therefore programming is required. The chip is located at the to top of the key inside the plastic cover.
Below, Metal Acura key without a chip and therefore no programming is required:
Q: Can I get an Acura key replacement by VIN?
A: That depends on the year of your car and type of key you had.
The VIN allows the dealer or an automotive locksmith the option to access the key code on file, i.e. to cut you a replacement key by code which makes the process very fast and east. There are however two things to consider:
- For vehicles older than 10 years: Acura dealers don’t keep a record for vehicles older than 10 years. Therefore, an automotive locksmith is your only option to get a replacement key.
- For vehicles equipped with transponder system and/or remote/ intelligent key/ fob key: Codes are available. However, programming is necessary and therefore you will have to either tow the car to the dealer or have an automotive locksmith come and program the key on site.
For more information click here
Q: I lost my Acura TLX 2011 car key, and I have no spare. I need to know how long does it take and do you make replacement Acura keys on site?
A: Yes, we can make Acura car keys on site as well as programming the key if necessary. The process usually takes about an hour or so.
Q: My Acura MDX 2012 ignition key fob won’t turn, what is the reason and can you change my ignition for me?
A: Sure, there may be a few reasons why the ignition key won’t turn. Worn out key, stuck ignition or broken wafers. An automotive locksmith for Acura keys can determine on the site reason and solution. We can help you with that.
In addition, in case you lost your Acura ignition key, please remember that in most cases, there is no need to change the ignition.
Q: Do you make replacement fob car keys with a chip for Acura RLX 2015? I lost my only set of keys and have no spare.
Q: My Acura key will not start the car. The battery is good, the lights are on and the radio works. What may be the reason?
A: There may be a few reasons why the key won’t start the car. A mechanical problem or key related problem. Please visit: My ignition key won’t start the car for more information.
Q: I lost my only set of key-fob for my 2016 Acura TLX and have no spare. I wanted to know how and if it is possible to make a replacement key fob without the original.
A: Yes it is possible. You can either call an automotive locksmith for Acura keys or call the dealership. We can make replacement car keys and fobs to all Acura models, including Acura TLX.
Moreover, we can unlock it for you as well. Please call us for immediate assistance.
Q: Can you explain why there is a difference in the cost of replacement keys between Acura models? What would be the price for a newer model at the dealer VS an automotive locksmith?
A: The price of Acura key replacement vary depends on the make and model. There are mainly two different type of Acura keys when it comes to price:
- Non-transponder chip key – No need to program the key.
- Transponder chip keys – Need to program the key.
Here we will give an example of the expected price for a key replacement would be:
Non-transponder Acura replacement key cost –
Since these no programming is needed, you can call the dealer to cut you a new replacement key and pick it up at your convenience.
However, in case the ignition was changed before, as may happen with older models, the codes the dealer has on file will not work and therefore the key won’t turn in the ignition.
In addition, important to remember that the dealer has only codes for the original ignition and up to certain years on file. In case the car is too old, it may be a problem to get a replacement key from the dealer.
Estimated cost: Usually around $75 for a new key.
A locksmith usually charges a service fee plus the cost of the parts and labor for a replacement key.
Therefore, you should expect to pay more than the dealer would charge. However, since the cost of a non-transponder chip key is minor you shouldn’t pay much more than the dealer charge and you have the convenience of a solution at your location as many locksmiths offer mobile service.
Estimated cost: Usually around $135.
Transponder chip / “push to start” / fob / remote Acura replacement key cost:
These type of keys have to be programmed in order to start the car and therefore the car will have to be towed to the dealership which will result in an additional cost.
The estimated cost for a transponder key: Usually around $150 for a new key.
An estimated cost for a remote key: Usually around $350 for a new key.
A locksmith usually charges a service fee plus the cost of the parts and labor for a replacement key. Therefore, you should expect to pay more than the dealer would charge.
However, an automotive locksmith that offers a mobile service can make you the key on site and therefore save you the time, money and hassle of towing the car to the dealer.
The estimated cost for a transponder key: Usually around $250 for a new key.
An estimated cost for a remote key: Usually around $400 for a new key.
Q: I called my Acura dealer as I need a replacement key for my 1997 Acura Legend. Unfortunately, they told me they can’t make me a replacement key as they don’t have the information on file. Can you explain why is that, where can I get a replacement key and how much should it cost?
A: Yes. Acura dealers, like other car brand dealer, use a code to cut a replacement key. These type of codes are available only for limited years, usually about 10 years or so.
Therefore, if your Acura model is older than ten years ago, you may have a problem of getting a replacement key from the dealer.
In this case, an automotive locksmith would be your best option. The estimated cost should be around $135.
A complete list of Acura models we deal with:
Call Now: 800-223-1453 & Get 10% Off!
Lost Acura Keys Replacement – All Acura Car Keys, “Push to Start” Remotes, Fobs & More Made Fast On Site!