Thank You for Choosing Lost Jaguar Keys Replacement For All Your Jaguar Car Keys, Remotes, Fobs, Push to Start Buttons Replacement & Ignition Problems.
Call Us 24 Hr: 844-399-5054
Quick access: click to get an answer!
What you should do when your Jaguar car key is lost and how to get a replacement:
- First, make sure you don’t have a spare key. Many of us put one away as a backup for when we lose our key. Take a deep breath and try to remember where it is. Need some ideas of where your key might be? Take a look here
- In addition, if you decided to call an automotive locksmith, remember to provide the exact year, make, and model, e.g.”I lost my 2012 Jaguar XF car keys, I lost my 2017 Jaguar XE push to start key” etc. This is important so the locksmith can check if he or she has the right key blank.
- Furthermore, remember to ask if the key needs to be programmed or coded, some models do – e.g., a replacement key for a 2009 Jaguar XJ transponder key fob will need to be programmed, while a 1996 Jaguar XJR won’t.
- If you think you need a new ignition switch/ lock cylinder, first make sure you don’t simply need a new key. Changing the ignition for Jaguar cars is more expensive than buying a replacement key and it will mean that you will have one key for the doors and another for the ignition.
- When calling a dealer to get a Jaguar replacement key, ask if you can pick up the new key yourself, or whether you have to tow the car there.
- In addition, if the key won’t turn in the ignition, mention if this is something that has happened for the first time or is an ongoing problem.
- Moreover, if you have previously changed the ignition cylinder, tell the locksmith or dealer as it may prevent them from cutting you a new key by code.
- Finally, make sure you have the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the car and relevant documents to show ownership of the car. The title certificate, registration papers, your ID and proof of insurance, etc.
Call Us 24 Hr: 844-399-5054
Jaguar keys replacement near me – Things to remember before calling a locksmith or dealer
Calling an automotive locksmith or a dealer near your location when you need a key replacement is probably the most common thing to do. Based on your location, an automotive locksmith can come to you, or you may choose to tow the car to the dealer.
We outline a few points to remember, to help you save some time and money regardless of which option you choose:
- First, always ask for a quote. Describe the problem in detail and give the automotive locksmith all the details, even if you think they may not be relevant.
- Moreover, If the locksmith has all the details, it can speed up the process and make it more cost-effective. Remember to give them your exact location to prevent a long waiting period. It may also affect the price.
- In addition, tell the locksmith/dealer if the ignition was changed before, as far as you know. A previous ignition change may result in different keys for the ignition and doors.
- Most Jaguar models today are equipped with chips or transponders, so make sure you mention the exact year, make, and model and ask the locksmith if they have the necessary tools in their truck to code the key. Not all locksmiths have a key coding machine to program those keys.
- In addition, it’s important to have the VIN number available as the locksmith may need it.
- Finally, remember that for most Jaguar models, there is no need to tow the car to the dealer should you lose your car keys. You can try and call the AAA, or an automotive locksmith who should be able to make you a new car key on site.
FAQ Lost Jaguar Key:
Q: How much does it cost to get a replacement remote key fob for my 2017 Jaguar XF? I lost my original key, have no spare, and need a copy or a duplicate key made.
A: That depends on the year, make and model of your car. To replace a Jaguar key ranges between $200-$1200. However, that price may vary depends on the availability of code, type of key (chip, fob, “push to start”, remote), your location, time of day and more.
As mentioned above, due to Jaguar unique security systems, most chances only the dealer can replace the key for you and therefore we recommend checking with a few dealerships before making a decision as there is a big difference between one another.
Call Us 24 Hr: 844-399-5054
Q: How can I know if my 2003 Jaguar XJ8 key had a chip in it? I understand that some keys need to be programmed and some don’t?
A: A good rule of thumb is that a key that had a plastic cover at the top and/or the vehicle was manufactured after the year 2000 most likely had a chip in it.
Hence, if you’ve lost your Jaguar key and it had a chip in it, the key will have to be programmed/ coded on-site in order to start the car.
Below, an example of the different type of Jaguar keys & remote “push to start button” fobs:
Fob car key – Fob remote “push to start” car key: Usually looks like some sort of remote. This fob car key has a chip and therefore will need to be programmed.
The next image is of a Jaguar key that has a transponder chip in it and therefore NEEDS to be coded. The chip is located inside the cover at the top.
The next image is of a Jaguar key that doesn’t contain a chip and therefore DOES NOT NEED to be coded. It’s a simple metal key.
Q: I lost my 2013 Jaguar XF fob car key and have no spare. I need to know how long does it take and do you make replacement Lost Jaguar keys on-site?
A: The process for a new Jaguar key or fob, can take up to two days to complete. That depends on how many keys are already programmed into the system. If you had one or two keys and they both lost, then the dealer should be able to program you a new key within an hour or two.
However, in case more than 5 (depends on which model you have) keys have already been lost, a new computer may be needed to be ordered and replaced and therefore the process will take longer.
Q: My 1997 Jaguar Vanden Plas ignition key won’t turn and my steering wheel is locked. What is the reason and can you change my ignition for me? What should I do? How can I get a new Jaguar ignition?
A: There may be a few reasons why the ignition key won’t turn. Worn out key, stuck, rusted ignition, or broken wafers. An automotive locksmith for Jaguar cars can determine the reason on site and the solution. We can help you with that.
In addition, in case you lost your Jaguar ignition key, please remember that in most cases, there is no need to change the ignition. For more information please visit: My ignition key wont turn
Q: Can you explain why there is a difference in the cost of replacement keys between Jaguar models? What would be the price for a newer model at the dealer VS an automotive locksmith?
A: The price for Jaguar key replacement depends on the make and model. There are mainly two different types of Jaguar keys when it comes to replacement key cost:
- Non-transponder chip key – No need to program the key.
- Transponder chip keys – Need to program the key.
Here we will give an example of what the expected price for a key replacement would be:
Non-transponder replacement key cost –
Since no programming is needed, you can call the dealer to cut you a new replacement key and pick it up at your convenience.
However, in case the ignition was changed before, as may happen with older models, the codes the dealer has on file will not work and therefore the key won’t turn in the ignition.
In addition, important to remember that the dealer has only codes for the original ignition and up to certain years on file. In case the car is too old, it may be a problem to get a replacement key from the dealer.
Estimated cost: Usually around $75 for a new key.
A locksmith usually charges a service fee plus the cost of the parts and labor for a replacement key. Therefore, you should expect to pay more than the dealer would charge.
However, since the cost of a non-transponder chip key is minor you shouldn’t pay much more than the dealer charge and you have the convenience of a solution at your location as many locksmiths offer mobile service.
In addition, since the cost of a non-transponder chip key is minor(compared to a transponder) you shouldn’t pay much more than the dealer charge and you have the convenience of a solution at your location as many locksmiths offer mobile service.
Estimated cost: Usually around $135.
Transponder chip / “push to start” / fob / remote Jaguar replacement key cost –
These types of keys have to be programmed in order to start the car and therefore the car will have to be towed to the dealership which will result in an additional cost.
The estimated cost for a transponder key: Usually around $300 for a new key.
An estimated cost for a remote key: Usually around $1000 for a new key.
An automotive locksmith usually doesn’t carry the necessary keys and equipment to regenerate new Jaguar key fobs or transponder. Therefore, the dealer is the only option.
Q: Can I get a Jaguar key replacement by VIN?
A: That depends on the year of manufacture of your car and the type of key you had.
The VIN gives Jaguar dealers or automotive locksmiths the option of accessing the key code on file – i.e., to cut you a replacement key by code which makes the process very fast and easy. There are however two things to consider:
- For vehicles older than 15 years: Jaguar dealers may not keep a record for vehicles older than 15 years. An automotive locksmith is therefore your only option to get a replacement key.
- For vehicles equipped with a transponder system and/or a remote/intelligent key/fob key: Codes are available. However, as coding is required, you will have to tow the car to the dealer.
For more information click here
Q: My 2009 Jaguar XJ chip key will not start the car. The battery is new, the lights are on and the radio works. What may be the reason?
A: There may be a few reasons why the key won’t start the car. A mechanical problem or key related problem. Please visit: My ignition key won’t start the car for more information.
Q: Jaguar key cutting – Who can cut and program a new key for my car? Can I get it done at any hardware store or should I go to an automotive locksmith or dealer? What is the procedure and how much does it cost?
A: There are many different types of Jaguar keys. Some can be cut with a basic cutting machine (mostly for older models made before 1995) and some, such as laser cut keys, can only be cut with a more advanced machine, which not all locksmiths carry, and definitely not hardware stores. Therefore, you should do your research before you decide where to get your Jaguar key cut.
The next image is of a non-transponder regular key on a cutting machine:
The next image is of a high-security cutting machine:
In addition, there are a few things to consider:
As mentioned above, your best bet would be to contact the dealer as replacing Jaguar keys require not only a special cutting machine but also unique programming tools and software. However, if this is not an emergency and would like to do your research you may be able to find a locksmith who can help. here are some tips to help you save some money.
First, you have to remember that cutting a new Jaguar key probably won’t be enough for you to start your vehicle as most Jaguar models made after 2000 requires coding in addition to cutting the key. Saying that, you will have to take care of coding the keys as well AFTER you had your key cut.
The next image is of a cut key (or key fob) and a programming machine for Jaguar Models:
Second, try to get the key code, which makes the process of cutting a new key very fast, from your dealer. They should be able to provide it for you after verification that you are the owner. Once you have this code, any locksmith should be able to cut you the key within minutes, and it would be cheaper as well.
How much should you expect to pay for cutting your Jaguar key? (Not including coding/programming)
Laser-cut keys or remote emergency keys – About $80 if you have the key code. (If not about $130)
Regular key, transponder keys – about $30 if you have the key code. (If not about $80)
Jaguar key fob battery replacement – Cost, size, what do to when the battery is dead and more.
Most Jaguar models made after 2004 use a key fob, or a push to start remote key technology. This type of key has advanced security features, as well as built-in keyless entry and more.
This type of key fob is battery operated. Once in a while, there are some issues with the key fob because of this battery. We will go over some important information and a few tips about what to do when the battery is dead, how to change the battery, cost, and some technical information.
Most Jaguar model’s key fobs use the same battery which is CR2032. This battery is very common and you can find it in most hardware stores, AutoZone, locksmith shops, and online. You can order it here.
Here is an example of a Jaguar key fob battery replacement.
Before we get into some specific information, here is some useful information you must know:
First, if you are locked out of your car because the key fob battery is dead you can use the emergency key provided with the key to unlock the car door.
In addition, if you want to start your vehicle, you can do it by placing the key fob in the charging area once you are in the car. This way, you will be able to start your vehicle EVEN if the battery is dead. If you are not sure where is the designated charging area, you should check the owner’s manual.
Finally, let the key fob charge until you get to a place when you can replace the key fob battery.
Price of Jaguar key fob battery: Usually less than $6
We also recommend getting a cover or a case for the key fob to keep it in better condition. Jaguar key fob cover/case cost about $10-$15 and definitely worth the price. You can order it online here
Technical information: (Click for more information from Panasonic)
Jaguar key fob battery replacement:
The process of replacing the key fob battery is very simple. You can use a small flat head screwdriver to disassemble the key fob. Then simply take the old battery and replace it with a new one.
After replacing the key fob battery, there is no need to do any special programming. The key fob should work as usual.
However, if you just bought a new key fob, you will need to have it programmed to start the car. This can be done by the dealership.
Call Us 24 Hr: 844-399-5054